Air conditioners are our savior from the months where there is absolutely no respite from the heat. Today, air conditioners aren’t the innocent lambs you think that they are! There are lots of side effects of air conditioners on health in addition to on the environment. Most of the side effects are because people don’t understand how to use or keep them in the first place. What exactly are the side effects? Let’s discuss them.
Five Negative Effects of Air Conditioners on Health:
Based on Global News, these are the best five unwanted effects of air conditioners on the human body:
Research indicates that people who work in air-conditioned environments may experience chronic headaches and exhaustion that leaves them vulnerable to contracting colds, flu and other illnesses. Click here to get started!
Air conditioner sucks moisture out from the surrounding including the skin if you are spending long hours at an air-conditioned atmosphere. If you are not pampering your skin with the ideal moisturizers, your skin will soon start feeling dry.
Exacerbates Outcomes of Chronic Illness
ACs are famous for increasing the signs of low blood pressure, arthritis, and neuritis. Therefore, if you are already afflicted by illness, an air-conditioned environment is only going to improve it making you more vulnerable.
Inability to Deal With Heat
Going suddenly from a trendy environment to outside hot environment can really induce stress. This can make you intolerant to warm or warm temperatures during summer. Visit ApplewoodAir here!
This is one of the common side effects of cold ac. Effects of air conditioning on lungs are deadly. Air conditioners are also known to circulate air-borne diseases like Legionnaires’ disease, a potentially fatal infectious disease that creates high fever and pneumonia.
There are lots of strategies to which you can prevent side effects of air conditioners. Though we might not fully avoid it, we could definitely reduce these side-effects by taking necessary precautions. Some of the steps are mentioned below:
How to Prevent Side Effects of Air Conditioners
- Restraint – ACs aren’t meant to run for hours and hours. It is similar to having a hole in your pocket. As stated earlier, the temperatures of this AC must be a degree or two below the room temperature. So keep your AC in 22-21 degrees maximum, let it run for 2 hours and then switch it off. The use of air conditioners has significantly improved HCFC (Hydrochlorofluorocarbons) discharge by 20-30 percent that has put back ozone layer retrieval by a whopping 25 decades.
- Clean the AC Filter Often – Dirty filters may allow pollutants, pollutants, and other particulate matter to enter your home, posing risks to the indoor atmosphere. Exposure to these pollutants can cause a host of health issues, including asthma, allergies, and eye, nose and, throat irritation.
- Annual Maintenance Check – Most of the time, dust from the area and application of dyes etc., can jam up the AC. This clearly poses respiratory issues. Personally, I have woken up in the middle of the night sneezing like a maniac! Therefore having allergies during summer could be worsened if your AC isn’t kept correctly.
- Adequate Ventilation – Letting fresh air to come in will decrease indoor contaminants. Cold air is heavy and dense and can make breathing difficult. Having ventilated spaces allows normal and better breathing. An AC can be kept on for 2-3 hours and when not in use, make sure that you open your windows to allow the fresh air to come in. The body is more suited to fresh air outside compared to the air in a heavy air-conditioned room.
- Air Cleanser – Having air cleaning units can radically reduce the pollutants and germs which come from out.
- Water Power – consuming an adequate amount of water can help decrease the signs of skin that is dry. Personally, I wake up in the daytime together with itchy eyes. The faces of the nostrils and nose bridge are more prone to drying out. This is because the AC sucks moisture out from your skin. Applying olive oil or a moisturizer is recommended. Additionally, having a humidifier installed can help solve this issue.
- Go Out, Inhale Fresh Air – Getting accustomed to air conditioners makes the outside temperatures seem even hotter. We are apt to eat food when it is chilly. The summer months are intended for a fuller diet. The AC may lull you into a beautiful sleep but it just makes you lethargic. These days, even gyms are set up with 5-6 ACs which completely defeat the purpose of sweating it out! Remember No Sweat, No Pain, No Gain. Spending some time outside enables the body to adjust to the temperatures and stay active.
- Get Your Car AC Checked – Process of cooling air requires a lot of condensation, which may create a breeding ground for bacteria and mold. Researchers at the Louisiana State Medical Center discovered eight kinds of mold living inside 22 from 25 cars tested. Air fresheners can mask the awful odor but the mold still stays.
- Reduce Over Dependence on ACs – The only way to deal with rising temperatures would be to accommodate to it. Summer months are meant to be hot. However, our bodies have the ability of adaptability. Consider this, if farmers in the arid drought-ridden deserts of Rajasthan can live with fans, is it really tough to stay with no air conditioner only to get a couple hours?
- Proceed to a Cold Country – I’m joking, but you may go for a long vacation in a relatively cooler location which won’t just offer you a rest from your hectic, boring daily life but will also do wonders to your body and mind. Temperatures are just likely to grow and we can’t keep hiding in AC rooms our life.
The unwanted effects of air conditioners may be controlled by using it smartly. It’s sort of crazy how much people go to not feel sexy. Being overly dependent on anything is never good for health. I would suggest, adopt the heat and all the sweat that comes with it. Stay hydrated; comprise a lot of yogurt, fruit juices, and vegetables in your diet plan. There are simpler ways to cool down honestly. Learn more about Applewood Air.
You may be enjoying a sunny, hot day under an air-conditioned environment, but are you actually aware of their side effects on your body and surroundings? The majority of these effects can be prevented or reduced with appropriate wisdom and precautions. Hope this piece of articles will give you a clear understanding concerning the unwanted effects of Acs and how to prevent them.